yesterday I did my first test for HRM with Beta 3.1.
The result in one sentence: HRM isn't working !
In more detail:
After loading the firmware and setting up my user displays again (one of them I configured for HRM values),
the current HRM value showed 200 bpm. At that time the belt lay 3 meters away...
When I prepared for training, I put the (wet) belt on and then switched the watch on, but didn't start
the timer. The HRM values started at a high value about 197 and then very slowly went down to a reasonable
value around 75. So I thought belt contact is okay and I took a short drive in my car to my training track.
I started the training (and the watch) and had to face a more or less constant value of 197-200 bpm for the
first 10 minutes. These values are far away from my max. HR (about 170) and especially in a starting phase of
a training for sure not correct.
To test the HRM functionality, my yesterday training consisted of alternating 1km intervals (1km slow /
1km fast, Total of 11 km). The expected HRM values should correlate to the different speeds, but in fact
it did very seldom. There were a lot of high values even for the slower parts of the training. Sometimes
(more at the end of the training) the correct values could be seen. But as a summary, more than 50% of
the values were wrong.
And I still have the feeling, that filtering/smoothing the values by software makes things worse !
Compared to earlier firmware versions, the abnormal high values for HRM are still there, but now it
takes longer (because of smoothing) to get rid of them. And if you are unlucky, there will be news
peaks for HRM, before the normal values has been reached...
Final test result: Not useable ! (Sorry)
P.S.: I already send an email to you regarding a new belt. Please let me know, if you received it.