There are issues with this Firmware. This firmware should not have been released without proper testing. My advise is not bother to "upgrade":Hi, I have got the same here, but I think you should now upload to routes and choose PC routes. This is what I did and it is showing the map, it thus not do that in trackback activity. the good thing is that it is possible to manually zoom in or out. I did not ride with it yet, but is promising that the total course points where showing more than 4000 points. I have a Garmin 810 now and use the Globalsat Gb580p a lot less. This was mainly be course of the lack of manual zoom and to less smart track points.
I'm posting what I wrote on the other thread as this firmware now has its own thread:
"I had issues with the V2.0 201402241 firmware. I upload a KML file to the device and it upload fine but when I went to Activity > Activity Info > Training Info and selected the uploaded KML then tried to Track Back > Forward. It just showed "Start" for a while (15 minutes while optimizing the file I guess) and then went back to the activity details screen but none of the buttons responded. The only way to get out of there was to turn off the unit and turn it on again. In other words Forward navigation does not work. Did not try Backward navigation.
I downgraded back to firmware V2.0 1305232."
I did some extra testing, this is what I found:
1. TGPro 1.7.10 is the program to use and load in a track or route sending it to route on the GB580(p) works fine
2. You can also use way points with the track to, and it is to see in the map.
3. the PC-route in navigation shows you the route and if you load it, you can see the line and you see the arrow (as in trackback)
4. the settings can be down loaded in TGPro, but chancing it and uploading to the GB580P is not possible
5. changes in map settings in config can be done, but they go back to default after you left config (orientation N and zoom auto)
6. It looks like that the problems with gpx are over now in PC-routes
7. plugin from sporttracks thus not work correctly anymore!!! Gerhard if you read, can you contact me?
8. so far there are on the side of following a track or route not much changes in practices
9. Nice is that there are totals now, good work!
10 trackback can not be used anymore for following a track
11. In total you can say, there is not much what got better, no real working zoom, ST3.1plugin is not working correct anymore, trackback thus not allow driving Tracks annymore. In PC-Route you don't het more then 199 points. The firmware needs to be redirected.