Recently, we have received multiple calls regarding issues users that are experiencing Blue Screens or Freezing with their BU-353, BU-353-S4 or ND-100S and DeLorme Street Atlas 2013 & 2014.
As of right now, the problem appears to only happen with the DeLorme Street Atlas navigation software. If you were to use any other navigation software, the issue does not exist. We are still trying to understand what is causing it, but most likely will have to be fixed by DeLorme.
One solution that we have found is with using GPSGate. If you are experiencing issues with DeLorme Street Atlas, please try following these steps:
Please download and install GPS Gate (http://update.gpsgate.com/install/GpsGateClient.exe
) and then open GPS Gate and follow these steps in the setup wizard:
1. Only check box #3 "Search for NMEA compatible Serial Devices"
2. Click yes when it says "Found COMX", assuming the COM number is correct.
3. For Output, select only box #2 "I want to share my GPS between several applications".
4. A list of 4 COM ports will show up. Please note these down & click Finish.
5. You are set. Now using one of the four new COM ports shown on the previous step, select it on DeLorme Street Atlas and see if you continue having issues.
Please feel free to contact us if you encounter any issues.