In order for the BT-335 to work with Microsoft Streets and Trips, please use this third-party application: GPS Gate. As for instructions, please refer below:
1. Go to the GPSGate website (http://gpsgate.com/products/gpsgate_client
). Click on the 'Download' button and install it.
2. In the Setup Wizard, only check the box besides 'Search for Bluetooth GPS Devices' and click Next. Have your bluetooth device already paired to your computer at this point.
3. The wizard will start its search. You should see a pop-up window that says "Found BT-GPS-XXXXX. Do you want to use this device?". Click 'YES'.
4. In the next window, check the middle box stating 'I want to share my GPS between several applications' and click 'Next'.
5. It will show a list of COM port numbers. Take note of at least one of those COM port numbers. Basically, all the GPS data is going to be available through any of those COM port numbers that are displayed. Click 'Finish'.
6. Open up the Microsoft Streets and Trips program. Go to Tools > GPS > Configure GPS. Double-click on any of the COM port numbers listed in the previous step.
7. Go to Tool > GPS > Start GPS Tracking and it should locate your device.