I just received my GB-580P and was attempting to do a firmware update. Now I'm stuck. Here's what happened.
- Before I tried to update the firmware, I was able to connect my PC to the GB-580. It seemed to be working properly. I'm on Windows 7.
- I was in TGP and went to Configuration->Firmware Upgrade. I was in Upgrade mode on the GB-580.
- It connected and started to download. It got up to 1% then stopped. After about 1 minute, I received an error message saying that update had failed.
- I tried updating a few times. Each time it would get to 1% and fail.
- I unplugged the GB-580 and powered it down.
- I found this post for instructions on how to power the GB-580 back up.
- When I power back up, the GB-580 says "Please connect USB to PC"
- I connect the USB to my PC and get the following message "Update Program. Connecting.... USB to PC"
- I hear the USB "boop" on my PC when I connect the cable, but the ellipsis never stops moving. When I launch TGP, the GB-580 is not found.
I've tried uninstalling the USB driver and reinstalling it. I've tried different USB ports and cables. They all end in the exact same result. The USB doesn't seem to connect to the GB-580.
Any suggestions for what I should do now?