If you would like to impart with others your experience of a particular GlobalSat DataLogger unit, please answer the questions below for your reference:
What is your initial impression of our product?
Fantastic, very small and unobtrusive mounted to the slight right of the rear view mirror. About the size of a deck of cards, but less than half the thickness.
In terms of:
- As stated very small. Button layout all on one side for easy navigation. MicroSD cards adds to the small size. LCD screen folds out of the way if desired. LCD screen is mainly used for option setup and verifying that the unit is recording and GPS signal is locked
- Unit acquires GPS lock very quickly usually before vehicle is in motion. There is no lag in video during file changes. 30fps seems to provide an optimal frame rate for fluid motion. The 120 degree wide angle lens provides a very good view of the obstacles in front of the vehicle.
Ease of Use
- Setup is very easy only a few options to configure the unit to meet you requirements. LCD display period is either always on or timed off in as little as 3 minutes. "G" force configuration, inside vehicle audio record and key press beep.
Pros and Cons:
What do you like, what you don't like
- Like: small size, long power cable to route from centre console around window frame to centre of window, "G" sensor to automatically preserve file if vehicle experiences high "G" force, ability to turn off audio recording permanently (through menu) or periodically with a single key press, microSD card can only be read by the RVPlayer software and can be password protected.
Don't like - the unit will output video directly, but no cable or cable recommendation was provided with the unit.
- the GPS co-ordinates, date, time and current speed are overlayed on the recorded video
- the speed is overlayed on the recorded video
What more can you say about our product?
Works perfectly, well designed and developed. Picture is great at 1280x720. The RVPlayer (Windows only) displays all the captured data and also current location on Google Maps.
What needs to be improved/developed?
The ability to turn off speed if desired.
The ability to change units from metric (Km/hr to M/hr).
Provide a output video cable or the pin out of the connector so that a cable could be purchased to use the video capability of the unit.
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate that you're taking the time and putting in effort in sharing your inputs. Again, thank you very much.