"For sure ? " No - I really do not like this. And I think, I'm not the only one.
When timer is resetted, maybe you get a better value for avg speed - however a lot of other things
are completely wrong: like total distance, total time, Max/Avg HR, calories and more.
As a compromise, I could imagine, to allow the timer to restart, but to save the first part of the data.
Our scenario is:
1. 3D fix? -->Yes Go (2a)
No Go (2b)
(2a) Start timer to training and record data Go 3.
(2b) Start timer to training, get 3D fix and then reset timer and then record data
3. Stop timer
4. Saving data
The logic is same as GH-625 and should be no problem.
the fact, that GH-625 has the same logic doesn't make things better... Far from it !
But you are right. I remember, that we had a similar discussion for GH-625.
And I myself had the same problem with my GH-625 one time in vacation when I first started
my GH-625 at a complete new position. Even after 10 min. there was no GPS fix and I
decided to start my training anyway. And after another 10min. the timer was resetted
The current procedure you decribed is the worse I can imagine (sorry to say that...).
You could do almost everything, but don't reset the timer
Let's think about a solution:
* When there is no GPS at start, there is a question, if you want to start anyway.
That's fine. And users who have time to wait, may answer No and wait longer for a GPS fix.
* But users answering "Yes" (start anyway) want to start their training - or even more
important: their competition ! Their decision means: YES, start normal training (including
every possible function !) and GPS data is not needed.
* They want to have the timer. They want to have HRM. Maybe calories (I don't need them).
They want to have everything. And they accepted, that GPS will not be available.
* I personally would expect, when GPS signals become better, from that moment on,
all GPS related information will appear automatically - including some error caused by the missing
How could that be done ?
* Isn't it possible to start the watch in a mode similar to indoor mode ? Indoor mode also provides
all functions besides GPS.
* So, maybe the question at the beginning could be changed to: "No GPS. Start in indoor more ? Y/N ?
* And then, same as before: Answer "No" means: Wait for GPS.
Answer "Yes" means: Start in indoor mode. With all functions included (besides GPS).
* And could it not be possible to try to get the GPS fix during this mode and switch GPS
functions on as soon there is a GPS fix ?
This would meet my personal expectations of a smart watch.
And I would like to know, how other users think about it.
Fortunately this situation seems to happen very seldom, and maybe not all users have made
this experience. But if it happens, we should have a good solution.
Maybe we should share this discussion (somehow) also with GH-625/615 users, because
they all are involved.