I am on holiday now, and testing the device.
I did try the GH561 and this are my remarks:
• The compass is not bad at all, will even be better with the map.
• The compass reacts good if you turn and gives the way ok.
Thinks who can be better:
• The grey selecting bar is to dark, so it is difficult to see what the text is, even with the backlight on.
• The remarks over the strap being on the wrong side, are right, you don’t want to see the screen upside down
• The time necessarily to go to end/start is useless on the moment, it jumps during the walk (more or less same speed) from 2.13 hours to even 6.28 hours etc. this within seconds.
• It would be fine if the GH561 has automatic stored the start, so you can stop the route anywhere and go back to start. I know that you can set your waypoints, but I didn’t do it and did not wanted to follow the route (23 km) until the end. I had also the H625 with me so I could find the way back easy with it.
- There is another issue, the distance from PGX file was 23 km, the GH561 was giving 11,7 km. Is it not possible to have the correct distance in the GPS?
- The TM thus not give altitude if you load in GPX or KML, aldo they have that in other programs, so you don't know how heavy the route will be wants it is in TM (same in TG)