Yes - you are right ! Geoffrey sometimes likes to confuse us...
Ok Geoffrey, now I'm really confused!!
Palisander asked if F-GGH-2A-0905191 is different from F-GGH-2A-0906111 (my guess is: they are different ).
Palisander also requests to try the new firmwareX.
In your reply you don't explain the difference in F-GGH-2A-0905191 and F-GGH-2A-0906111.
And to make it worse you call firmwareX to F-GGH-2A-0906111 !!! (Hey Palisander, you allready have it! )
Where's firmware F-GGH-2A-0910072 then?
Can you see why I'm confused? Indeed a Changelog is really needed!
Related to this, how do you name your firmware?
Sorry for so many questions! Regards!
And I understand your questions. I think, I had a similar question, when I started to join this forum: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=906.msg1165#msg1165
My current knowledge is:
* Forget the US web site. Taiwan website provides current versions.
* There are "official" firmware versions, released and downloadable from the website.
These are numbered like "F-GGH-2A-0905191" where the ending "0905191" tells
about the date, here: 2009 May 19.
* Additional there are test versions, sometimes called Beta versions. This time it is
* Those test versions are not downloadable. You have to ask Geoffrey to send it to you.
As far as I know, this is the current changelog of firmware versions:
04.11.2008 F-GGH-2A-0811041 Formal release
11.02.2009 F-GGH-2A-0902111 (beta version) 1. Add set lap page
2. Smooth Heartrate curve
3. Improve cumulate
08.04.2009 F-GGH-2A-0904082 (beta 2 version) 1. Add filter into HR calculation and smooth alogrithm
2. Modify threshold of cumulate calculation
13.05.2009 F-GGH-2A-0905132 (beta 3 version) 1. Add filter of HR zone limition at start up
2. Add smooth filter to optimize HR curve
3. Fix UTM not correct issue
4. Fix Calories huge of last Lap problem
19.05.2009 F-GGH-2A-0905191 (beta 3.1 version) 1. Fix HR stick
2. Correct Itilan wording"
07.10.2009 F-GGH-2A-0910072 (Version X) 1. Add HR% in custom page
2. Add HR% Alert
3. Add a arrorw at 1/3 display in Track back mode
4. Fix cumulative lap distance error
5. In mile system, the height unit keep using "ft", not change to "mile"
6. Add pace 1K in custom page
Latest version is called "Version X" and you can get it from Geoffrey.
I'm not quite sure... but I remember, there was one of the forum members, who put this
version on his web server... but I don't remember who...
I hope, this could clarify some of your questions.
Good luck, Hubert